Thursday, August 12, 2010
Begging for Bucks
So...I find myself in an extremely messed up situation. I took the advice of my superiors and got outside funding. But once it was determined that the project needed to be done by professionals, I was dropped. So instead of working dilligently on my dissertation, I am on pins and needles trying to get funding for the upcoming school year. Instead of ordering databases, I'm going to job interview after interview trying to get an income. This is so disheartening and tiring. I am like an email bandit, emailing anyone and everyone asking "is there an update on my funding? why hasnt my tuition posted?" School starts in 19 days and I am still here wondering what is gonna happen. In these situations I hold on to my faith and believe that God will open doors for me. But in the meantime, I'm developing GI issues as my rainy day fund is almost depleted. I have expected income in Sept, but I wasnt trying to use that as a means of support!!! This is the part of being a grad student that I hate. We are always begging for bucks and it is annoying. There is no way to continue to work on your dissertation when you are running outside to make sure your car wasnt repossessed. I was told that I wouldnt be left "out there," but damn I need certainty! Another day in the like of a brown girl's struggle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment